The Deeper Technical Read
Most IoT data are not used today for any process. It goes unnoticed and unmonitored. Approximately 1% of data are ever examined. The critical path to success with IoT? It’s the interoperability between IoT systems. We still need a standardization of IoT languages and platforms. We need to standardize the reporting database structures so people can interpret the data across platforms. Digitization of IoT blurs the lines between technology companies like The Idea People and other types of businesses. For example, makers of industrial machinery can create new IoT business models by using IoT links and data to offer their products as a service.
Why Do I Need IoT?
- Whether a manufacturer or a service business, you can benefit with IoT.
- It’s all about the data. Connect it, collect it, report it and sell it back to clients.
- IoT data will give you predictive analytics. Imagine that for predicting outcomes from your product or service.
- IoT will place a monetary and measurement value on employee and resource down time.
- Operations management and predictive maintenance.
- Public safety and health, traffic control.
- Monitoring and managing healthcare, improving wellness.
- Retail self-checkout, store layout optimization, smarter customer CRM.
- Enhanced automobile navigation, automated vehicles, logistics routing.